top of page

Complaints Resolution Process

If you have a complaint that is related to service disconnection, safety, or renewable energy, and the Coggon Municipal Light Plant does not resolve your complaint, you may request assistance from the Iowa Utilities Board by calling (515) 725-7321 or toll-free 1-877-565-4450.  By writing to: 1375 E. Court Ave. Room 69  Des Moines, Iowa 50319 or email to


Online Bill Pay

The Coggon Municipal Light Plant customers have a NEW ONLINE PAYMENT PORTAL
that provides an easy, flexible and
user experience to pay their electric bills

Get Started now!

Iowa One Call.jpg

Whether you are trenching in a field, planting a tree or digging a foundation, Iowa law requires everyone to locate undergound utilities before digging.  First, notify Iowa One Call to begin the process, then wait 48 hours (excluding Saturday, Sunday and legal holidays) BEFORE any digging begins.  Call or click before you dig.  This service is FREE to you and it's the law.

Call   811 or



If CMLP is experiencing an outage we will try our best to update our customers as soon as we possibly can.  While we are trying to localize and diagnose the issue it may be difficult to answer each and every call.  If you have communicated with a neighbor who has been in contact with us, know that we are working on the issue.  Please be patient and know that our very first priority will be to restore power to our customers.
New Gear.jpg

Street Lights

CMLP is asking for your help.  If you happen to notice that a street light is not working, please call or email the office to report it.  We will do our best to get to the light within a week or two.  By trial and error it may be the light bulb or photo eye .  If when we replace these and the light is working we will wait to see if that actually permanently fixes the problem.  If it has not, we ask that you call the light plant office once again to report that it is still not working properly.  We will then place an order to have the light replaced.  As the high sodium light fixtures throughout town go bad they are being replaced with an LED light fixture.

Street lights.jpg
Street Light.jpg
Coggon Cares.jpg
Customer Contribution Fund

Did you know that YOU along with the Coggon Municipal Light Plant can help your less fortunate neighbors pay their heating bills?  Coggon Cares is a Customer Contribution Fund that allows you to help by adding a regular contribution to your monthly utility payment, or by making a direct donation to the fund.  These funds are distributed to neighbors in need for wintertime energy costs.  Those individuals who qualify for help will be carefully identified by an area social service agency.  A local committee will oversee Coggon Cares to guarantee all contributions will be handled equitable and efficiently.  Your contribution is voluntary, flexible , and tax deductible.  If at any time you would like to contribute to the fund, either call the office or complete the contribution ticket below.  Thank you.

bottom of page